Once again the UCWDC Spring meeting has concluded and we are excited to share with you these updates.
We are happy to report that Associate Membership renewals are strong, volunteers are engaged, competition participation is up at almost all our Member Events world-wide including a record year for the Country Dance World Championships and the Executive Board and various Committees are focused on implementation of several exciting initiatives that will enhance member services. We are proud of these accomplishments because they reflect a renewed energy and commitment throughout the organization.
- Colorado Country Classic welcomes Rhonda Shotts as a new co-event director
- Texas Classic will be moving to Austin, TX starting 2020
- Portland Dance Festival welcomes Nancy Cooley as a new co-event director
- Philly Fall Fest has secured a venue, Valley Forge Casino Resort and is accepting registrations
- German Dance Cup welcomes Slavi Baralic, Alexandra Balzer and Kathi Bittner as new co-event directors and the location change to Vlotho, Germany
- Let’s Dance Country Western Challenge has secured a venue, Holiday Inn, Brussels Airport and is accepting registrations
UCWDC DIRECTOR ELECTION CANDIDATES:
All of our elected positions are a two year term and we will be holding elections for the following positions in the Fall, 2019. Only Event Directors are eligible to run for these positions (Nominations open until July 14, 2019):
- Vice President Rules
COUNTRY DANCE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS PREVIEW:
- Worlds 2020 – Nashville, TN
- Worlds 2021 – San Antonio, TX
- Worlds 2022 – Orlando, FL
We are excited to announce that Anthony Lee was elected to enter into contract negotiations with the UCWDC to become the 2021-2022 Country Dance World Championships event director
OTHER FUN INFORMATION:
- Hall of fame voting is in progress. We are looking forward to welcoming the winners at Worlds!
- 2020 rules will be divided into 4 individual booklets: Line, ProAm, Couple and Teams.
- Important 2020 Rule changes will be previewed in late 2019, the full version of rules will be posted at the beginning of the 2020 dance year
- We have a new platform in development for self-selected music submissions
The next General Council meeting is in September 2019!
UNITED COUNTRY WESTERN DANCE COUNCIL
w: www.ucwdc.org p: 403.680.0661 e: firstname.lastname@example.org