Associate Membership Upgrade FAQs
Q: I did not receive an email with my temporary Username and Password What’s up? I can’t access my Associate Membership records.
A: On July 19, 2009, the UCWDC® log-in process for Associate Members will change. Because of errors created by the use of duplicate usernames (typically caused by shared eMail addresses), our upgraded system will now require each Associate Member to create a new, unique username and password. Beginning July 19, 2009, your current username and password will no longer work. You should have received an eMail on July 13 from the UCWDC that included a temporary username and password for you to use to access your personal profile where you may create a new, unique username and password. To obtain a TEMPORARY Username and Password, click here.
Q: Why is the Associate Membership page changing?
A: The upgraded Associate Membership Website will allow you to renew your annual Associate Membership, view your Points Championship totals, verify your Worlds eligibility and track your progress toward graduation to the next competitive level. You may now also indicate your willingness to volunteer to help the UCWDC provide more and better service to dance enthusiasts worldwide.
Q: Once I receive my TEMPORARY Username and Password, how do I update them?
A: Here are the steps you need to take:
- Go to http://www.ucwdc.org/wordpress
- Enter your TEMPORARY Username and Password in the appropriate boxes and then click the Login button.
- Click on Change Password/Edit Profile
- Type in your preferred Username, any combination of letters and numbers that is unique to you ( 4-32 letters, digits or _ )
- Scroll down 11 lines and type in your preferred Password, any combination of letters and numbers that is unique to you ( 4-32 letters, digits or _ )
- Record your new Username and Password somewhere safe.
- Review all remaining personal contact information in your profile. Make whatever corrections are necessary and update all of the required fields. Please make sure that your record includes
- Your correct date of birth as some divisions are defined by age ranges
- Your phone number(s) and your personal eMail address
- Your parcel mailing (street) address
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Save Profile button.
That’s it, you’re done! Good job!
The confidentiality of your personal data has always been a very high priority. As in the past, only you and the UCWDC Event Administrators can view your data.